- Remote Control is used to get details or handle issues of the remote computer from your local machine.
- Now, Remote control has a new feature of Transferring files from local to the remote machine and vice versa, without taking the remote control of that machine.
- File Transfer happens via Remote Control tool, the file transfer process does not appear on the background of the remote user.
Step [ 1]: Select a Device for File Transfer
- Log in to 'ITarian'.
- Click 'Applications' -> 'Endpoint Manager' →'Device Management'.
- Select a Device and then click "File Transfer".
Step [ 2]: Connecting to File Transfer
Click the “Open Remote Control …- Application”
Note: Please download and install Remote Control software if you do not have it installed already.
Then log in to your Endpoint Manager or ITarian account, it will directly open the File Transfer.
Step [ 3]: Transferring file via remote control
a) Transfer File to Remote Device
- Select a File to transfer from the local device to the remote device and then click Right side arrow icon
- Example: Transferring iDrive file to the remote device.
- After a file is transferred to the remote device, the logs appear in the bottom of Remote Control, and the transferred file copied to the remote device.
b)Transfer of file to Local Device
- Select a File to transfer from the remote device to the device and then click the left arrow icon
- Example: Transferring Google earth file to the local device.
- After a file is transferred to the local device, the logs appear in the bottom of Remote Control, and the transferred file copied to the local device.
Step [ 4]: Viewing Audit logs for File Transfer
- Go to "Dashboard" -> "Audit Logs"
- Click the filter on the right to filter logs.
- Select "Remote Control FT initiated” in the Event name.
- Apply filter.
- Audit logs for File Transfer appear now.
- A sample audit log for File Transfer operations via Remote Tool is given below