Remote Tools used to handle the files and process activities remotely.
It includes two noteworthy choices File Explorer and Process.
File Explorer – This feature is used to perform create or delete or rename folders, admin can download or upload files.
Process - Admin can view the CPU, GPU, memory of all process, further he can also stop the running process of devices.
Now, admin can view the technician activity on the Remote Tool using audit logs.
Step [ 1 ] : Remote Tool Actions:
a) File Explorer :
- File Explorer shows all the files folders and in the device.
- Example: Uploading a file Winsnap to the desktop location of the Remote Host.
- After uploading the file, it appears in the uploaded location.
- Remote Tools shows the running apps and process in the Processes.
- Admin can stop the running process via Remote Tools.
- For example, Admin can stop the running process of Firefox.
- After clicking "End Process", a prompt will appear to stop the running process.
- Click "Confirm" to stop the process.
Step [ 2]: Checking audit logs for remote tool actions
- Go to "Dashboard" -> "Audit Logs".
- Click the filter on the right to filter logs.
- Select "Remote control" logs.
- Apply filter
- Then audit logs will show all the operations done via Remote tools.
In the "EXTRA INFO" Tab, click "View logs".
- The Detailed View of logs for uploading Winsnap to desktop and stopping Firefox process is given below.