In ITarain, the alert can be configured based upon what kind of alert you want to receive and how you want to receive upon events such as procedures not running on devices or any breach of monitoring feature setting in profiles.
Step 1: To create a new alert select Application →ENDPOINT MANAGER → CONFIGURATION TEMPLATES→ Alerts→ Create Alert in ITarian portal.
Step 2: In Create Alert provide the Alert name and Description for your alert and click the Create button to create a new alert. For example: Alert name: "New Alert"
Step 3: The alert created consists of the following variables:
ii) Alert Settings
iii) Additional Recipients
i) General- This General section allows you to modify basic settings.
ii) Alert Settings - The settings for the alert can be edited in alert settings by clicking the Edit button.
- Don’t create additional alerts (about the same issue) – Enable this option and set time period until which additional alerts will not be created on the same issue. Technician can choose one of the following time periods from drop down options,I)5 Minutes ii) 10 Minutes iii) 30 minutes iv) 1 hour v) 2 Hours vi) 3 Hours vii) 12 Hours vii) 1 Day ix) 2 Days x) 5 Days.
- Create notifications on the portal – enable this if you would like to create notification on your portal.
- Create alert tickets on the service desk – enable this if you would automatically create ticket through service desk.
- Append to an original ticket if there is an open ticket for performance monitoring conditions – enable this to get update on the same ticket if already created for the same condition.
- Automatically close the ticket if the metrics go below the threshold – enable to automatically get close the ticket where the given threshold met.
- Open the tickets under – choose any of one department for auto-assignment.
- Maintenance Department
- Sales Department
- Support Department
- Open the tickets with priority – choose any of one priority to create tickets under the specified one.
5. Device data- It Includes additional device data (brand, model, serial number, logged on user, domain/workgroup, MAC address, local IP address, gateway IP address, DNS server address) which to send with the ticket.
Finally click Save button to save the changes for the Alert Settings.
iii) Additional Recipients -To configure Additional Recipients settings, click Additional Recipients tab and then click the Edit button to specify the following options.
- Send e-mails if Monitoring or Procedure register alerts more than the selected number of consecutive times – Enable it if you want to use auto-communication through email.
- Send to the portal administrators – Enable to send auto-generated emails to portal administrator.
- Send to the following e-mail addresses – You can also send to specified email ids you want.
- Add Emails… – Enter your email ids here
- Send to the following portal users – Select your portal user you want to transfer the status.
- Type username to search among users… – Type username and select the specific user.
Click Save button to apply your changes.
Step 4: To apply configured alert for monitoring. Go to Configuration Templates --> Profiles --> Click the profile you want or if you are new user to Monitoring please add the Monitoring section in profile.
Step 5: Click Monitoring tab and select monitoring name where conditions to trigger alert is configured. Then click Edit button to change general settings.
Step 6: Click User Alert settings and select the alert that you have configured. Then click Save button to apply your changes.
Step 7: You can run appropriate procedure immediately when the alert is ON. To apply configure alert for procedure please follow below steps:
- Go to Configuration Templates --> Profiles --> Click the profile you want or if you are new user to Monitoring please add Monitoring section in profile.
- Click Monitoring tab and select Monitoring Name where conditions to trigger alert is configured. Then click Edit button to change general settings.
- Under Auto Remediation on alert settings , Click Run below procedure option and select fix procedure to be run upon alert.
Then click Save button to aplly your changes.