How to enroll iOS device to Endpoint Manager
- This page explains how to add iOS devices to Endpoint Manager. Once added, you can deploy profiles to manage device security, network access rights, browser restrictions and more.
- Note 1 – You need to first add users (device owners) before you can enroll their devices. Please see one of the following tutorials if you have not yet added users:
- Note 2 – You also need to install an Apple Push Notification (APN) certificate on your Endpoint Manager instance. This certificate authorizes Endpoint Manager to communicate with iOS devices.
- Click here if you need help to install an APN certificate.
- Lastly, make sure all target devices are connected to the internet and have enough space to install the Endpoint Manager app.
- iOS 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x
Enroll iOS Devices
- Login to ITarian
- Click 'Applications' > 'Endpoint Manager'
- Click 'Users' > 'User List' on the left
- Select all users for whom you want to add devices then click the 'Enroll Device' button:
- This opens the 'Enroll Devices' dialog. The device owners box is pre-populated with the users you selected previously.
- To add more users, just start typing their name in the box.
- Click 'Email Enrollment Instructions' to send each user a mail which tells them how to setup their device:
- Users should open the mail on the target device itself and click the link at the bottom, as shown:
- The link opens the device enrollment page.
- Users should scroll to the 'For Apple Devices' section then click the first link
- This will install the Endpoint Manager authentication certificate and profile:
- After the profile has been installed, the user next has to install the Endpoint Manager app:
- Click 'Install'. The app is downloaded from the iTunes store. End-users will need to login with their Apple ID to complete the installation.
- After installation, users should tap the green 'Run After Install' icon on the home screen to complete registration:
- After enrollment is complete, you should see the device in 'Devices' > 'Device List':