How to filter and analyze global patch inventory per classification and products
- Patch management will helps you to filter and analyse the global patch inventory using classification and products.
- Go to Applications --> Patch Management.
- In Column sections, you can find two columns Classification and Product provided for better patch inventory management
- Product : It gives information about which product the patch update belongs too.
- For Example in the below image ''Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.261.1426.0)'' belongs too Product ''Windows Defender"
- CLASSIFICATION : Under Classification column patch updates are differentiated under following Categories:
- Definition Update
- Critical Update
- Security Update
- Update Rollup
- Feature Pack
- Service Pack
- We can Filter the Patch Updates easily under the above-mentioned categories with the help of Filter option
- At the top right corner, click the "Filter" option and select the "Classification" option in the filters.
- Under "Classification" select the category from the drop down list
- For Example: Selecting the category ''Definition update'' will display the Patch updates that are classified under it, please refer below image: