- The vulnerability area let you identify the security holes and patching them to prevent unwanted access to the system and data
- This wiki explains how admins can install operating system patches on vulnerable devices
- Though users can install the patches from the 'Application' > 'Patch management', vulnerability management allows installing patches only to the risk/vulnerable devices.
Process in Brief
Process in Detail
- Go to 'Applications' > 'Vulnerability management'
- They show all the discovered vulnerabilities and the devices affected
- Vulnerability name - The vulnerability name is same as the CVE Addressed
- Vendor - Enterprise of the affected software
- CVE Addressed - CVE is a code for the threat that shows the details, vendor and affected devices
- Severity - Shows the critical level of vulnerability as possible as moderate, critical. Unspecified, low, important
- Target device count - Number of devices that affect the vulnerability.
- Click'Applications' > 'Vulnerability Management'>'Vulnerable Devices'
- You can now view which devices have affected the vulnerabilities and install patches.
Device Name: This shows the device name which patch needs to be installed. By clicking the device name you can view the device summary page.
Owner name: It displays the device owner's name. By clicking the name will navigate you to the user info page.
Customer: The name of the organization in which the devices are assigned
- Select the device which you need to apply patches
- Click Install Patches
After that a confirmation message is shown:
The patches are successfully installed to the selected devices