- Procedure schedules are actually configured in the 'Profiles' area.
- You can set a schedule for a procedure when you add a procedure to a profile.
- The procedure will automatically run in the device in which the profile is associated as per the scheduled time.
- In the procedure section, we can use “Custom Schedule” or “Schedule on a maintenance window” options
- Open Endpoint Manager and click ‘Configuration Templates’ > ‘Profiles’. Select the profile associated with your device or create a new profile.
- Click the ‘Add Profile Section’ button at the top and select ‘Procedures’. If you have already added the ‘Procedures’ component then just click on it and proceed to step 3.
- Open the ‘Procedures’ tab and click ‘Add’:
- After choosing your procedure, select the start date, schedule, scheduled settings, scheduled time and all the appropriate fields and finally click 'Add'.
- Select whether you want to set a custom schedule or schedule on a maintenance window
- If you select custom schedule then:
- Set the date, time, schedule time in which you want the procedure to start.
- Select "Send the resulting logs by email" to send the executed procedure log to provided email address.
Schedule on a maintenance window
- If you select a maintenance window then the procedure will run as per scheduled date and time of the maintenance window
- In maintenance window type, Select from 'Daily', 'Weekly', 'Monthly' and 'Week of Month'. The maintenance window type and the scheduled maintenance should be the same.
- Maintenance window name automatically lists the MW type that you have already created.
- End time settings describe the time setting of the maintenance window
- No end settings – All procedures will run until completion
- Run until – We can choose a cut-off time from the calendar until which script can be run
For Example:- Here we are choosing end time settings as 'Run until' and setting end date as of 30/08/2019
- Run no more than – you can configure time limitation for the script to run here.
For Example:- Here we are choosing end time settings as 'Run no more than' and setting end time as 10 minutes, where the procedure will run only 10 minutes.
- Selecting the option "Run this procedure immediately when the profile is assigned to a new device" will run a scheduled procedure immediately to the new device added or when the current profile is added to a device.
- Select the option "Skip procedure if the device is offline" when you don't need to run the scheduled procedure on the offline device.
- Send The Resulting Logs by Email
Now you can send the logs generated by the procedure to the current user or to the provided email address
Click 'Save' at the top-right. The procedure will automatically run on the devices to which the profile is applied.
Procedure logs can be found under the Procedures → Scheduled Procedure name → Execution Log. Select Export to download the executed log in .csv format