How to track file group changes using audit logs
- Endpoint Manager makes a record of all actions taken by admins and staff on managed devices. These logs can be invaluable to admins when troubleshooting issues on managed devices
- Logs are kept for a range of activities, one of which is changes to file groups.
- As the name suggests, a file group is a collection of one or more file types. Example file groups include 'Executables', 'Windows updater applications', '3rd party protocol drivers' and so forth.
- File groups can be referenced when configuring a profile for your devices. This makes it easy to apply a rule/action to an entire class of files. For example, you might want to exclude the file group 'Metro Apps' from your antivirus scans.
- Comodo Client Security ships with a set of predefined file groups. You can also create your own groups and edit existing groups as required.
- Click 'Settings' > 'System Templates' > 'File Groups Variables' to view and manage file groups.
- This article explains how to use the Endpoint Manager log interface to view any changes made to file groups. Each log tells you the person who made the change, the old and new values, and the time of the change.
- Click 'Applications' > 'Endpoint Manager'
- Click ‘Dashboard’ > ‘Audit Logs'
- Click the funnel on the right of the interface.
- Select 'System Templates' > 'Apply' to view all changes made to file groups.
- Use the 'Event Name' drop-down to filter by specific actions.
- Staff – Name of the admin or staff member that implemented the change
- Event Name - The action executed on the file group. Example actions include deleting a file group or changing a file group path.
- Old Value – Setting before the action was implemented. For example, if a file group path was changed, the old path is shown here.
- New Value - Setting after the action was implemented. For example, if a file group path was changed, the new path is shown here.
- Extra Info – Any additional details about the action.
- Session ID – String to identify the connection between the device and Endpoint Manager during the action.
- Log Creation Date - Date and time of the event.