Open Endpoint Manager > Click 'Security sub-systems' > 'Containment' > select a file > 'File details'
- You easily find the parent process of a contained application in the Endpoint Manager 'File Details' screen.
- The container is a secure, virtual environment which is isolated from the rest of the host. Applications in the container pose no threat to the endpoint as they cannot write to the host file system and cannot access other processes.
- An application is usually placed in the container because it has a trust rating of 'unknown'. This means it is not yet confirmed as safe to run on a host.
- Parent process information is useful for advanced users and IT admins who need granular knowledge about the applications on their network.
- This article explains how to use the Endpoint Manager to find the parent process of a contained application.
View the full process tree of a contained application
- Open Endpoint Manager
- Click 'Security Sub-Systems' > 'Containment'.
- Select the file whose parent process you want to view
- Click the 'File Details' button:
- Click the 'Device List' tab:
- Click the name of the file in the 'Parent Process' column:
- The full parent-process tree is shown in a details window:
You can also use Comodo Client Security to view the parent process of a contained application.
See this wiki if you want to find out more.