Open CCS > Click ‘Advanced Tasks’ > ‘Create Rescue Disk’
- Comodo Rescue Disk (CRD) is a bootable disk image that lets you run virus scans in a pre-boot environment (before Windows loads).
- CRD runs Comodo Cleaning Essentials on a lightweight distribution of Linux.
- The application is a powerful virus, spyware and root-kit cleaner which works in both GUI and text mode.
- CRD can eliminate infections that are preventing Windows from booting in the first place.
- It is useful for removing malware which has embedded itself so deeply that regular AV software cannot remove it.
- CRD contains tools to explore files in your hard drive, take screen-shots and browse web pages.
The disk is available in .iso format and can be burned to CD, DVD or USB.
Create a rescue disk
- Login to the endpoint and open CCS. You can open CCS by double-clicking the system tray icon:
- Click ‘Advanced Tasks’ > ‘Create Rescue Disk’
The setup screen shows the steps to create a new rescue disk:
Step 1 - Select the ISO file (optional)
Step 2 - Select target drive
- Choose the CD/DVD or USB on which you want to burn the rescue disk. You will boot to this disk to run the virus scanner.
Burn to CD or DVD
- Label a blank CD or a DVD as "Comodo Rescue Disk - Bootable" and load it in your CD/DVD drive.
- Click 'Select Target Drive' then choose the drive in the 'Select Target Drive' dialog
- Click 'OK'
Burn to a USB drive
- Insert a formatted USB stick in a free USB port on your computer
- Click 'Select Target Drive' in the 'Rescue Disk' dialog
- Select the drive from the 'Select Target Drive' dialog and click 'OK'
Step 3 – Burn the Rescue Disk
You can now boot your system using the rescue disk. This will run the scanner in your pre-boot environment.