How To Use and Configure Roaming Agent
In addition to providing web protection to end users in a fixed network, Dome Standard can also protect roaming users. These is especially useful for users that are on the move, like field sales teams, and for employees accessing the internet when outside the network.
To monitor roaming devices you must install the Dome roaming agent on the device. This is because the device will be
using dynamic IP addresses and out of the fixed network. For devices that have the roaming agent installed, user authentication is mandatory.
Please also make sure that you add these users in the 'User Management' interface (Administration --- > User Management )
Roaming agent enables admin to monitor the Endpoint Traffic when it is out of the network.
Following OS systems are supported by Dome SWG Endpoint Agent
- Windows 7 SP1 later
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
This video explains how to download and install Dome Agent to start forwarding traffic of your endpoints Dome's Cloud Proxy.
Video Tutorial: Click to open the Video Tutorial
How to Setup Roaming Agent - Manually:
- Go to Administration > Traffic Forwarding > Dome Agent
- Click Add Configuration
- Preshared Key: Used for authenticating the tunnel created via Dome Agent.
- Uninstall Password: Used by Administrators at uninstallation of the Dome Agent so that regular users can not delete Dome Agent without permission.
- Set Proxy: If you need to use custom PAC files, you can download existing PAC file from here and customize it based on your requirement such bypassed domains, internal domains. After customization is done you can re-upload the PAC file. This is going to be used by your Dome Agent for accessing Dome Secure Web Gateway, on and off-network.
- Disable if GW is unreachable: Once enabled, Dome Agent disables itself if Dome Secure Web Gateway is unreachable. Recommended to be enabled.
- Protect Hosts File: Once enabled, custom hosts file entries in the endpoint will not be sent to proxy such as internal domains. Recommended to be enabled.
- Hit Save.
- Download the Configuration File shown in the table.
- Download the Dome Agent by clicking Download Dome Agent.
- Go to PC you want to install the Agent
- Find the Configuration File downloaded and copy cDome.cfg
- After installation is complete, go to My Computer > Windows > Program Files (x86) > Comodo > cDome
- Change the existing configuration file with the cDome.cfg created in Dome Secure Web Gateway (at Step 7)
- Open Command Line by typing cmd in your Windows Start Menu
- Run the following commands:
- cd "Program Files <x86>\COMODO\Dome Agent
- cDome.exe --stop --password Comodo360! (note: replace Comodo360! with your uninstall password created at step 2)
- cDome.exe --start
After completion of the final step, Dome Agent will start forwarding traffic to Dome Secure Web Gateway and the only Administrator with uninstalling password will have the capability of stopping traffic forwarding thus enforcement will be applied to the user.
How to Setup Roaming Agent - Using ITSM:
Visit the following page for detailed instructions. Recommended for mass installation scenarios.