- The 'Virtual Desktop' is a sandbox environment in which you can run programs and browse the internet without fear those activities will damage your computer.
- Applications in the virtual desktop are isolated from other processes on the host computer, write to a virtual file system, and cannot access personal user data. Changes made to files and settings in the virtual desktop do not affect the originals on the host system.
- Similarly, any attacks by internet based malware cannot reach or compromise the host system. This makes it ideal for risk-free internet surfing and for testing out beta/unstable software.
- All browsers installed on the endpoint are made available in the virtual desktop. This tutorial shows you how to run your browsers in the virtual desktop.
Run a browser in the virtual desktop
- Download and install Comodo Client Security
- Click 'Tasks > 'Containment Tasks'
- Сlick 'Run Virtual Desktop':
- This opens the virtual environment. All shortcuts from your regular desktop are available on the virtual desktop
- You can launch a browser via a desktop shortcut, if you created one:
- Alternatively, click the Comodo 'C' icon on the taskbar
- You can start any browser installed on your system from the start menu:
How to configure the Virtual Desktop in Comodo Client Security
How to configure the Virtual Desktop in Endpoint Manager